Croucher Durkan Ltd t/a Secure Financial is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and we would like you to feel safe when providing us with your personal details. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are compliant with GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client. We will always clearly identify ourselves in correspondence and on our website. Our principle business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life, pension, savings and investment products. In order to provide you with relevant information, provide a financial services product, and respond to your requests, we will request that you provide us with information about yourself and the products/services your require.
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used and for how long we maintain your data. Croucher Durkan Ltd t/a Secure Financial complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, and retention of all personal data.
Name and Contact Details of our firm
- Croucher Durkan Ltd t/a Secure Financial.
- Secure Financial
- 41 Cecil Street
- (T) 061 431 333
- (E) email@example.com
Personal information provided by you or by others on your behalf will be used by Secure Financial, and insurance intermediaries (where applicable), for the provision of insurance quotes and marketing services. When we collect personal information about you, we tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with such information provided. You do have the option of not providing the information, although, in these instances, you may not be able to access certain products or services. Our reason for processing your data under GDPR is in order to be able to provide you with a retail financial product. We require this information from you in order to assist our firm to ascertain your actual needs and requirements.
This website may gather certain information about your visit, such as, the date and time of your access, pages you have accessed, name of the internet services provider and the IP (Internet Protocol) address by which you are accessing the internet. Where applicable, we may also see the website address from which you linked to our site. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
The information that we collect about you or your computer is used to run the website, respond to your requests or process any transactions you might have requested. We may also use this information to contact you in relation to the product or service that we believe might be of interest to you.
Retention of your Personal Data
Data will not be held longer than is necessary or used for the purpose(s) other than which it was obtained. Upon lapse or cancellation of a policy our company policy is to retain our client data for 7 years in order to fulfil our obligation under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Consumer Protection Code (CPC) 2012 and our obligations under the Criminal Justice ( Money Laundering and Terrorist Act 2018.
Sharing of Information
Personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us, including the data collected in relation to the contracts of insurance with insurers for which we act as insurance and investment intermediaries – we share this data with the product providers we hold agencies with. We do not share your data with any other 3rd parties.
We intend to strictly protect the security of your personal information, honour your choice for its intended use and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access of disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to the best of our ability.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as ”first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them
data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use
for more information.
Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- Essential cookies
- Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
- Performance cookies
- Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
- Functionality cookies
- Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
- Targeting/advertising cookies
- Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do (subject to certain limitations), to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. To exercise you Right of Access or to update your details under your Right of Rectification or Erasure please email your request to the contact address below with proof of identity.
Croucher Durkan Ltd t/a Secure Financial uses pixels, transparent GIF files and other methods to help manage online advertising.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy notice or practices, please contact us. Croucher Durkan Ltd t/a Secure Financial may modify or update the privacy notice from time to time at any time without prior notice. You can check the ‘Last Updated’ date below to see when the notice was last changed. We encourage you to check this notice often so that you can continue to be aware of how we are protecting your personal information. Your continued use of this website constitutes your consent to the contents of this privacy notice, as it may be modified from time to time.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: 6th July 2020